Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2013 年 04 月 19 日 (No.611)
 
   
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
   
  用於請別人推薦某項事物,之後可接名詞或名詞子句。
   
Can you recommend a good show?
  你可以推薦不錯的節目嗎?
   
Can you recommend a tea shop near the museum?
  你可以推薦博物館附近的茶館嗎?
   
Can either of you recommend where to go afterwards?
  你們其中一位可以推薦接下來要去哪裡嗎?
   
This walking tour starts far away from the train station. Can you recommend one that is a little closer?
  這個徒步行程的起點離車站很遠。你可以推薦近一點的嗎?
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
   
Can the sommelier recommend a wine to match our meal?
  酒侍可以推薦一種配我們餐點的酒嗎?
   
I recommend you wear your flats tonight, instead of the heals. We're going to do a lot of walking.
  我建議妳今晚穿平底鞋,不要穿高跟鞋。我們將會走不少路。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  詢問建議是很常用的句型,你也可以這樣說:
Mind recommending a tour that starts a little closer to here?
  介意推薦一下離這裡比較近的行程嗎?
   
Is there a tour you recommend?
  你有推薦什麼行程嗎?
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

這句話用於欲加入某個活動的時候,相反詞為 deal me out。

   
You guys are going for pizza? Deal me in.
  你們要吃披薩?算我一份。
   
A: We're getting tickets for the baseball game on Saturday.
  我們要去買星期六棒球賽的票。
   
B: Deal me in. I love watching baseball.
  算我一份。我也愛看棒球賽。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
  十六世紀開始,在牌桌上若想要加入牌局,會跟發牌者說 deal me in,示意將牌發給自己,這個賭局算我一份。沿用至今,想要參一腳的時候也就用 deal me in 這個說法了。
   
Count me in. 我也要加入。
I'm in. 我也要。
Gimme some of that. 我也來一份。
I'm all over that. 我也要。
I want a piece of that action. 我也要參一腳。
I'm up for that. 算我一份。
A: I was thinking of going to the movies tonight.
我在考慮今晚要去看電影。
B: I'm up for that. I need to get out of the house.
算我一份。我得出去走走。
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
   
  de- 也可表示 away、from、off(離開)或指「相反;反轉」等帶有否定的意思。de- 在拉丁文字首中具有「取消或反轉」某個動作的意思,因此 de- 也可表示 not。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  deactivate v. 解除;取消(設定等);撤銷
The police deactivated the bomb.
 
警方解除了炸彈。
   
  deceive v. 誤導;欺騙;矇騙
You should not deceive James if you want him to remain your friend.
  如果你要詹姆士做你的朋友就不應該欺騙他。
   
  decadence n.  衰敗;頹廢;墮落
Decadence has increased in Russia as the country's wealthy become wealthier.
  隨著俄羅斯的富人愈來愈有錢,國內墮落的敗象就與日俱增。
   
  decode v.  解碼
The letter looked meaningless, but the spy was able to decode its secret message.
  這封信看起來沒有意義,但間諜能破解其中隱藏的訊息。
   
  decompose v.  分解;使腐爛
The vegetable peels decomposed in the compost heap.
  蔬菜皮在堆肥中分解掉了。