Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2013 年 07 月 26 日 (No.625)
 
   
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於詢問要如何從某地到達另一地時常用的句型。
   
How can I get to the other side of this busy street from here?
  這條街車子好多,我要怎麼到對面?
   
How can we get to the sports stadium from the MRT station?
  我們要怎麼從捷運站到體育館?
   
How can you get to the train station from here?
  你要怎麼從這裡到火車站?
   
How can we get to the Museum of Natural History from the Statue of Liberty?
  我們要怎麼從自由女神像到自然歷史博物館?
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
   
How can I get to the National Theater from here?
  我要怎麼從這裡到國家戲劇院?
   
How can I get to the east terminal from the bus station?
  我要怎麼從這個公車站到總站東站呢?
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  遇到有人問你如何搭乘大眾運輸工具到某地時,你可以這麼說:
.Take the X Line to Main Station
.Get on/off the X Line at Park Station
.Change to the X Line at Park Station
.Stay on the X Line for three stops
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

已經受夠了對方,希望能夠停止目前從事的活動時使用,這時與 come on 意思相同。另外,也可用於不同意別人的看法時,此時可譯為「你算了吧」。

   
A: Let's go see Spider-Man 3.
  我們去看《蜘蛛人 3》吧。
   
B: Give me a break! We've seen it twice already.
  饒了我吧!這部電影我們已經看過兩次了。
   
A: Orlando Bloom is the best actor ever.
  奧蘭多•布魯是最好的男演員。
   
B: Give me a break! He isn't even the best actor working now.
  你算了吧!他還要多歷練才稱得上一流的演員。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
   
For Pete's sake.
  老天爺。
   
Not again.
  別又來了。
   
A: I think I've lost my credit card.
  我想我弄丟信用卡了。
   
B: Not again! That's the third time this year.
  別又來了!這是今年第三次了!
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

not again 指同一件事經過好幾次都還沒搞定,通常帶有非常不耐煩的口氣。

相關口語:Come on.

   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
   
  字首 intro- 表示「進入裡面;朝內;在……之中」的意思。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  introduce v. 引進;帶入;介紹;引見
Potatoes were introduced to North America by the Irish.
 
馬鈴薯是由愛爾蘭人帶到北美的。
   
  introit n. (基督教)禮拜開始時唱的讚美詩;(天主教)入祭文
Traditional Catholic services start with an introit.
  傳統的天主教禮拜儀式從入祭文開始。
   
  introjection  n.  投入;﹝心﹞內射;內化
The process of introjection slowly changed Gary from a happy boy to a sad man.
  內化的過程慢慢地將蓋瑞從一個快樂的男孩變成憂傷的男人。
   
  introspect  v.  內省;反省;自省
The silent retreat in the mountains promises time to introspect.
  在山中靜謐的隱居處一定有時間可以自省。
   
  introvert  n.  內向的人 v.  使內向;內省
Sally is an introvert, so she does not talk much in class.
  莎莉是個內向的人,所以她課堂上很少發言。