I'd prefer it if we could sit in the front of the boat.
我比較希望我們能坐在船的前段。
We'd prefer it if the guide took us on the river cruise first.
我們比較希望導遊能先帶我們遊河。
They'd prefer it if we visited the traditional arts-and-crafts stores.
他們比較希望我們能參觀傳統的手工藝品店。
My husband would prefer it if the children had a chance to go whale-watching.
我丈夫比較想讓孩子有機會賞鯨。
★延伸應用..........................
The French client would prefer it if breakfast was served in his hotel room before the factory tour.
法國的客戶比較想先在旅館房間吃早餐,再到工廠參觀。
I'd prefer it if you stopped calling me on my cell phone.
我比較希望你別再打我手機了。
★你知道嗎?.........................
從事某種活動或運動可用 go + V-ing 來表示,如:
go hang gliding 滑翔翼
go horseback riding 騎馬
go paragliding 飛行傘
go skating 溜冰
go skiing 滑雪
go skydiving 高空跳傘
.....................................
口語中最常見的祝福語。
Good luck on your job interview.
祝你工作面試順利。
A: I have a test in physics tomorrow.
我明天有物理考試。
B: Good luck. That professor gives really hard tests.
祝你好運。那個教授的考試很難。
★你還可以這麼說.......................
Best of luck.
祝你好運。
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
我會幫你祈禱的。
Break a leg.
祝你好運。(祝人演出順利的時候用)
I know you have a big show coming up. Break a leg!
我知道你有場盛大的演出,祝你好運。
A: I just sent off one of my stories to a magazine. I hope they publish it.
我剛把我的一篇故事寄給一間雜誌社了。希望他們會刊登。
B: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
我會幫你祈禱的。
★你知道嗎?.........................
傳說如果我們跟即將要上台的人說 good luck,反而可能會為他帶來厄運,所以要說反話,用 break a leg 來祝他好運。至於它的來源已不可考,不過在義大利文中也有類似的祝賀語:in bocca al lupo(進入狼的嘴巴),以及俄文中的 ni puha ni pera(沒有皮毛也沒有毛),都是用反語作為祝賀。