Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2013 年 09 月 13 日 (No.632)
 
   
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於詢問對方目前是打算要採用 A 還是 B。
   
Will you be using funds from a U.S. account or from one in your home country?
  您要用美國帳戶裡的錢,還是您本國的帳戶?
   
Will they be opening a joint or a private account?
  他們要開聯名帳戶,還是個人帳戶?
   
Will he be needing his change in small or large bills?
  他需要把找的錢換成小鈔還是大鈔呢?
   
Will we be depositing the money into the school's account or the director's account?
  我們要把錢存到學校的戶頭,還是主任的戶頭?
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
   
Will we be visiting the ancient temples or going to the petting zoo?
  我們要去參觀古寺,還是寶貝動物園呢?
   
Will you be wearing your new pair of jeans or a skirt to the movie tonight?
  你今晚要穿新的牛仔褲還是裙子去看電影呢?
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  除了聯名帳戶(joint account),一般銀行常見的帳戶種類包括:
• time deposit / certificate of deposit account 定期存款帳戶
• checking account 支票帳戶
• deposit account 存款帳戶
• individual savings account 個人儲蓄帳戶
• loan account 貸款帳戶
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

這是相當口語的說法,純粹告訴對方「就做吧;就開始吧」。

   
If you think you can do it, then go right ahead.
  如果你認為你做得到,那就去做吧。
   
A: Are you going to eat any more cake?
  你要再吃蛋糕嗎?
   
B: No, I'm full. If you want it, go right ahead.
  不了,我飽了。如果你想吃的話,就去吃吧。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
Do as you wish.
  你想怎麼做就怎麼做。
   
Be my guest.
  請自便。
   
Feel free.
  別拘束。
   
Go for it.
  試試看。
   
A: I think I know how to get the cat out of the tree. Can I try?
  我想我知道怎麼把那隻貓從樹上救下來。我可以試試嗎?
   
B: Go for it. I've tried everything I could think of.
  那你就試吧!我想得到的都試過了。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  be my guest 不只是如字面邀請別人來作客,還有「別拘束;想怎樣就怎樣」的意思。而 feel free 也可以用在請到家裡作客的朋友「放輕鬆;別拘束」喔!不過 feel free 之後也常接 to do something,表示「允許別人做某事」的意思。
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
   
  字首 non- 具有「無;不同於;反轉;缺乏」等意思, non- 還可表示「結果微乎其微;不重要;稱不上……的」,例如:nonevent 就表示「遠不如預期或計畫的事」。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  nonfat adj. 脫脂的
Nonfat milk is more watery than regular milk, and tastes less rich.
 
脫脂牛奶比一般牛奶稀,喝起來也較淡。
   
  nonfiction n. 非小說類文學;非虛構的、寫實的散文文學
The Life of Napoleon is a nonfiction book.
  《拿破崙的一生》是一本非小說類文學。
   
  nonprofit  adj.  非營利組織的  n. 非營利組織
This church is a nonprofit organization that helps poor people.
  這個教會是一個幫助窮人的非營利組織。
   
  nonstop  adj., adv.  不停的(地);連續的(地) n.  直達車、班機
The DJ played two hours of nonstop music.
  DJ 連放了兩小時的音樂。
   
  nonviolent  adj. 非暴力的;不訴諸武力的
Gandhi's message of nonviolent resistance continues to echo across the globe.
  甘地透過非暴力抵抗的訊息持續在全球各地引起迴響。
 
     
 

2013 年 09 月 06 日 (No.631)期 PART C 更正啟示

 
 
  David works in a multinational finance company.
  大衛在一家跨國金融公司工作。