I'd really appreciate it if you started the car for me.
要是你能幫我發動車子,我將感激不盡。
They'd really appreciate it if we came back at 9:00 tonight.
要是我們今晚能在九點回來,他們將感激不盡。
Tom would really appreciate it if you spoke to them about the problem we've encountered.
要是你能把我們碰到的問題告訴他們,湯姆將感激不盡。
I'd really appreciate it if the doctor explained what the side effects of this medicine are.
要是醫生能解釋這種藥的副作用,我將感激不盡。
★延伸應用..........................
We'd really appreciate it if you gave us more details about what you have for sale.
要是你能更詳細地說明你要出售的東西,我們將感激不盡。
She'd really appreciate it if you gave her an extra blanket and pillow for her son.
要是你能多給她兒子一條毯子與一顆枕頭,她將感激不盡。
★你知道嗎?.........................
找人幫忙得要能清楚說明問題,以車子發不動為例,你可以這麼說:
• The car broke down. 車子拋錨了。
• The battery died. 電瓶沒電了。
• There's a funny smell. 車子發出怪味。
• We have a flat tire. 車子爆胎了。
• We're out of gas. 車子沒油了。