While I was dating my ex-boyfriend, I felt like he always tried to hide his feelings.
我跟前男友交往時,覺得他總是想隱藏自己的感情。
While I was watching the play, I laughed uncontrollably.
我在看那齣戲的時候,不由自主地笑了起來。
While she was being massaged, she fell asleep.
她在按摩時睡著了。
While I was living abroad, I was very homesick.
我住在國外時很想家。
★延伸應用..........................
While we're waiting, why don't we have some coffee?
我們等待的時候,不如去喝杯咖啡吧?
While the fire was burning, it heated up the inside of the cabin.
爐火燃燒時,小木屋內的溫度升高了。
★你知道嗎?.........................
while、as、when 都可指「當……」,while 與 as 強調動作正在進行,之後用進行式,而 when 常用於強調時間點,之後用簡單式。
.As Sam was driving home from the airport, he thought about the happy moments
he had on vacation. 山姆從機場開車回家時回想著假期中的美好回憶。
.When the couple arrived home, they were upset to see the mess the babysitter
had made. 那對夫妻回到家,看到保姆搞的一團糟而感到生氣。
.....................................
這句話可用於下列情況,一是欲推卸責任時,之後所說的話常帶有負面批評,且隱含這些話是你要我說的,並不是我原本要說的。其二是經對方一問而想起某些事,這時和 come to think of it 意思相近。
Well, now that you ask, you look really terrible.
好吧!既然你問了,你看起來真的很糟糕。
A: Have you noticed that Shelly always leaves early on Tuesdays?
你有注意到雪莉星期二總是提早離開嗎?
B: Now that you ask, yeah, I did notice. I wonder where she goes.