Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2015 年 01 月 23 日 (No.703)
 
 
 
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於詢問對方對某事的意見。
   
What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
  妳覺得妳的優缺點是什麼?
   
What does she think were her best experiences from her last job?
  她認為她上個工作中最棒的經驗是什麼?
   
What do you think have been your greatest achievements?
  你覺得你最大的成就是什麼?
   
What does your assistant think will be the biggest challenge of the project?
  你的助理覺得這個案子最大的挑戰在哪裡?
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
What does the sommelier think is the best wine to go with this meal?
  酒侍認為這道餐配什麼酒最好?
   
What do you think is the fastest way to get to the subway station from here?
  你認為從這裡到地鐵站用什麼方式最快?
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  工作面談各種情形都可能發生,有些大公司的面試會有好幾層的關卡——在家電話訪談、在公司接待室的電訪,可能還得通過考試才有機會和人資主管面談,最後才會與部門主管面談。曾有位應徵紐約投資銀行的應試者,談及整個面談過程被要求坐在一張不舒服的矮凳上,公司之所以這麼做是要了解應試者在高壓、不舒服的環境下的工作表現。
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

that sounds good 是用來表示贊成別人提議的說法。

   
A: So, we'll meet in front of the entrance at eight.
  我們八點在入口前集合。
   
B: That sounds good. I'll have time to go home and change first.
  聽起來不錯。我會有時間先回家換衣服。
   
A: I'll call Diane and ask her if she wants to come.
  我會打給黛安問她想不想來。
   
B: That sounds good. I haven't seen her in a while.
  聽起來不錯。我已經好一陣子沒看到她了。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
Sounds good.
  聽起來不錯。
   
Sounds good to me.
  聽起來不錯。
   
That sounds all right.
  聽起來還可以。
   
A: Let's go to the hot springs tonight.
  今天晚上我們去泡溫泉吧。
   
B: Sounds good to me. I need to unwind.
  聽起來不錯。我需要放鬆一下。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

如果要加強語氣表示「聽起來真的很棒; 這主意真是棒呆了」,可以用 sounds great。注意這裡的 great 可以依情況代換成 awesome、wonderful、excellent 等形容詞喔。

   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
  dom、domin 表示「統治;房舍」,皆與領地有關。dome stadium(巨蛋體育館)中的 dome(圓屋頂)就是取自「東方風格的屋頂」。而中世紀 dome 在法、義等國也指「教堂」,取「上帝住所」的意思。另外含有此字根的字,如:domain 表示「領土;領地」,後來則有「領域;範圍」的意思。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  domestic adj. 家庭的;國內的;本國的
Gary went to the domestic airport to fly from Taipei to Kaohsiung.
 
蓋瑞去國內機場,搭飛機從台北到高雄。
   
  domicile  n. 住處 v. 居住;定居
People are supposed to vote near their place of domicile.
 
大家應該在居住地附近投票。
   
  dominate  v. 佔主要地位;支配;控制
The earthquake coverage dominated the national news media.
  地震的相關報導佔據了國內新聞版面。
   
  dominion  n. 統治;管轄;支配;領土
Father holds dominion over his house; no one dares question him.
  我父親擁有房子的支配權,沒人敢質疑他。
   
  predominant  adj. 主導的;佔優勢的;顯著的
Green is the predominant color this spring in the fashion world.
  綠色是今年時尚界春季的主要色系。