I'm quite familiar with the company's work in Chicago.
我很熟悉貴公司在芝加哥的業務。
You're quite familiar with the duties of a marketing assistant.
你很清楚行銷助理的職責。
John is quite familiar with the difficulties of breaking into this market.
約翰很清楚要打進這個市場有多困難。
She's quite familiar with the hi-tech industry.
她很瞭解高科技產業。
★延伸應用..........................
I'm quite familiar with the transportation system of that city.
我很熟悉那個城市的交通運輸系統。
Frank is quite familiar with the restaurants in Shanghai.
法蘭克對上海的餐廳很瞭解。
★你知道嗎?.........................
hi-tech (= high technology) industry 是指「高科技產業」,各種產業的英文說法介紹如下:
• agriculture industry 農業
• automobile industry 汽車業
• media industry 媒體業
• medical industry 醫療產業
• oil industry 石化業
• publishing industry 出版業
• transportation industry 運輸業
• service/hospitality industry 服務業
.....................................
指絕對不可能發生的事,由 that'll be the day worth waiting for 縮寫而來。通常帶有反諷的口吻。
That'll be the day. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
不可能。我不會等著它發生的。
A: After I graduate, I want to become a manager at a big company.
畢業後,我想在大公司當經理。
B: That will be the day. You'll be lucky to be a manager at a convenience store.
不可能。你能在便利商店當經理就夠幸運了。
★你還可以這麼說.......................
That'll never happen!
不可能會發生的。
No chance.
不可能。
Not in your wildest dreams.
作夢也不可能。
When hell freezes over.
等地獄結冰時再說。
When pigs fly.
等豬會飛時再說。
Snowball's chance in hell.
地獄堆雪球再說。
A: I think the Red Sox will win the World Series this year.
我覺得紅襪隊今年會贏得世界大賽冠軍。
B: Never happen. They have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
不會發生啦。地獄能堆雪球他們才有可能贏。
★你知道嗎?.........................
英文中用地獄結冰(when hell freezes over)、地獄裡堆雪球(snowball's chance in hell)、豬會飛(when pigs fly)這三件極度不可能發生的事,來比喻事情發生的機會小於零。使用這些時通常帶有負面的口吻。