Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2015 年 04 月 10 日 (No.714)
 
 
 
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
I hope you saved some time to join me for dinner.
  希望您有時間跟我吃頓晚飯。
   
We hope you saved some time to tour our new branch.
  我們希望你有時間參觀我們的新分行。
   
She hopes you saved some time to take a walk around the city.
  她希望你有時間到城裡走走。
   
I hope you saved some time to discuss the new project.
  我希望你有時間討論新企劃案。
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
I hope you saved some time to come with us for dinner.
  我希望你有時間和我們一起吃晚飯。
   
Your friends from high school hope you saved time to play baseball with them while you're visiting your parents.
  你的高中朋友希望你去看爸媽的時候,有時間跟他們打棒球。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  現在來看企業組織的英文怎麼說?
• branch—分公司
• division—處,由許多性質相近的部門(department)組成
• headquarters—總部、總公司,通常是一間企業高階主管辦公的地方,也可指某地區最大的行政機構,如:Taipei headquarters、Asian headquarters。
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

與對方持不同意見的時候,可以用這句話表示不贊同的態度。

   
A: That was a complete waste of an evening.
  那個晚上真是浪費時間。
   
B: What are you talking about? He was the most interesting speaker I've ever heard.
  你在說什麼啊?他是我聽過最有趣的演講者了。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
Do you even know what you're talking about?
  你到底知不知道你在說什麼?
   
Are we talking about the same thing?
  我們講的是同一件事情嗎?
   
What are you going on about?
  你在碎碎唸什麼?
   
I have no idea what you're talking about.
  我不知道你在說什麼。
   
A: Oh, man, that was the best show we've ever had.
  哇,那場秀真是我們的代表作。
   
B: I have no idea what you're talking about. You guys sounded terrible.
  我不知道你在說什麼。你們聽起來糟透了。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

這幾句話常帶有輕微的挑釁語氣,表示對方就事情所下的評語沒有說服力。除非是想來場口水之戰,不然可得斟酌情況使用喔!

   
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
  -ar 用來形成形容詞字尾,表示「與……相關;像……的」,亦可作名詞字尾,表示「……人或物」,如:scholar 是指「學者」。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  familiar adj. 熟悉的
On his first day, Rick read the handbook to make himself familiar with the company.
 
瑞克上班第一天閱讀了手冊好讓自己熟悉公司。
   
  muscular  adj. 健壯的;肌肉的
All of the athletes were very muscular after many years of training.
 
所有的運動員在經過多年的訓練後都變得很健壯。
   
  polar  adj. 極地的;磁極的
The polar bear with its white coat can easily blend in with its environment of ice and snow.
  北極熊白色的皮毛與冰雪的環境很容易就融合在一起。
   
  spectacular  adj. 壯觀的;壯麗的
The stars I could see in the desert were spectacular because the sky was so clear.
  我在沙漠中看到的星星很壯麗,因為天空相當清澈。