Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2015 年 05 月 08 日 (No.718)
 
 
 
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於表示目前提供的服務、條件、誘因等,通常用於推銷物品時。
   
At the moment we have top-of-the-line fixtures at a great price.
  目前我們有最頂級的設備,價格也很棒。
   
At the moment the storekeeper only has three of these models left in the store.
  目前這些款式,店裡只剩下三個。
   
At the moment we are having a sale on all men's suits.
  目前我們的男士西裝都在特賣。
   
At the moment we have a special sales price on wines from Chile.
  目前我們來自智利的紅酒正在特賣。
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
At the moment we have only two people living here.
  目前我們只有兩個人住在這裡。
   
At the moment we have no one who can help you arrange your travel plans.
  目前我們沒有人手能幫您安排旅遊行程。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
  男士們,這裡有些紳仕服飾名稱,趕快記起來:
• belt 皮帶 • jacket 夾克 • pants 長褲
• polo shirt polo衫 • pullover 套頭衫 • suit 西裝
• sweater 毛衣 • tie 領帶
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

直譯為「你心裡有什麼打算」,用於詢問對方對某事有什麼想法的時候。

   
I know that look. What do you have in mind?
  我知道你那眼神是什麼意思。你在想什麼?
   
A: Oh, could you pick up some things for me at the store?
  你可以幫我在商店裡買些東西嗎?
   
B: Sure. What do you have in mind?
  可以啊。你想買什麼?
   
  ★你還可以這麼說.......................
What's on your mind?
  你心裡有什麼打算?
   
What are you thinking?
  你在想什麼?
   
Do you have something in mind?
  你想到些什麼了嗎?
   
A: Do you have any plans this weekend?
  這個週末你有什麼計畫嗎?
   
B: No. Do you have something in mind?
  沒有耶。你想到些什麼了嗎?
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

what are you thinking 還有「你到底在想什麼」的意思。當對方做了件不合理的事情之後,用這句話來責備對方做事沒有經過仔細考慮就貿然行動,使用這句話時的語氣也要特別注意喔!

   
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
  字根 firm 表示「堅固的;堅定的」,作名詞是指「公司;商行;商號」,來自於此字在德文中原指「簽署」的意思,取其「簽署文件來作確認」的含意。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  affirm v. 確定;斷言;證實;確認
The report affirms that aliens exist.
 
那份報告證實外星人是存在的。
   
  confirm  v. 確認;證實
I called Jim to confirm that I will be present at the meeting.
 
我打電話給吉姆確認我會去參加會議。
   
  disaffirm  v. 否認;反駁
The news report disaffirms the idea that people can live on water alone.
  新聞報導反駁人們可以只靠水過活這個想法。
   
  firmament  n. 穹蒼
In the countryside, the firmament at night is brightened by millions of stars.
  在鄉間,許多星星照亮了夜空。
   
  infirm  adj. 不牢靠的;體弱的;意志薄弱的
After the accident, the infirm were taken to the hospital.
  事故發生後,孱弱者被送到醫院去。