Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  每月新書限時優惠
 
2015 年 07 月 24 日 (No.729)
 
 
 
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於詢問某人是否提及某事。
   
Oh, did I mention that it contains antioxidants and sunscreen?
  喔,我有沒有說過這裡頭含有抗氧化劑與防曬?
   
Did we mention that the watch is completely waterproof?
  我們有沒有說過這支錶百分之百防水?
   
Did the salesperson mention that this blouse comes in three colors?
  那個銷售員有沒有提到這件襯衫有三種顏色?
   
Did he mention that you'd have to make a down payment now?
  他有沒有提到你現在就得付頭期款?
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
Did Frank mention that he won't be able to make the year-end party this year?
  法蘭克有沒有說過他今年沒辦法參加尾牙?
   
Did I mention that I bought this sweater on sale?
  我有沒有說過我這件毛衣是特價買的?
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

常見的女性服飾英文要這麼說:
• A-line skirt A字裙 • blouse 女用襯衫 • dress 洋裝
• long skirt 長裙 • miniskirt 迷你裙 • slip 連身襯裙
• straight skirt 窄裙 • trench coat 風衣 • pleated skirt 百褶裙

   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

希望對方說出最直接的反應時使用。

   
Here's the new cover of the magazine. What's your gut reaction?
  這是雜誌的新封面。你的直覺是什麼?
   
A: Take a look at this advertisement layout. What's your gut reaction?
  看一下這個廣告的版面設計。你的直覺是什麼?
   
B: I like it. Simple, strong lines and easily readable text.
  我很喜歡。簡單、線條明顯而且容易閱讀。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說!......................
What's your take on this?
  對這件事,你有什麼看法?
   
What do you think when you look at this?
  看著這個,你有什麼想法?
   
Give me your gut reaction on this.
  告訴我你對這件事的直覺是什麼。
   
What's your first reaction to this?
  對這件事,你第一時間的反應是什麼?
   
A: Take a look at this design. What's your first reaction?
  看一下這個設計。你第一時間的反應是什麼?
   
B: It looks really busy. There are too many small parts.
  看起來很繁複。太多小區塊了。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

gut 是指「腸、消化管」,在口語中可指「本能、直覺」;作複數 guts 時有「勇氣」的意思,在口語中也可指「(問題的)本質」喔。

   
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
  -ate 作為動詞字尾時,表示「使……;施加……」的意思。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  alienate v. 使疏遠;離間;使格格不入
The senator's comments have alienated many young voters.
 
這位參議員的評論使得許多年輕的選民疏遠他。
   
  accelerate  v. 促進;加速;加快
The driver accelerated through the intersection as the light changed.
 
這位駕駛在燈號轉變時加速穿過十字路口。
   
  habituate  v. 使習慣於;使上癮
The zookeeper habituated the bear cub to its new enclosure.
  動物園管理員使小熊習慣於新的圈地。
   
  separate  v. 分開;分離;隔開
To make the cake, you will need to separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
  要做蛋糕時,你得把蛋黃和蛋白分開。