Live互動英語雜誌  
 
  Live互動美語學校
 
2015 年 10 月 02 日 (No.739)
 
 
 
   
 
  ★這麼用...........................
  用於表示不確定某人的作為或某事的成因。
   
I'm not sure why you used gray so much.
  我不知道你為什麼要用這麼多灰色。
   
We're not so sure why she decided to take that part out of her speech.
  我們不確定她為什麼決定拿掉那一段講詞。
   
Paul and Jay are not sure why the meeting went on for so long.
  保羅和小傑不知道為什麼會議會開這麼久。
   
He's not so sure why the new caterer's food was so flavorless.
  他不知道為什麼新的外燴廚師煮的菜一點味道也沒有。
   
  ★延伸應用..........................
I'm not so sure why we chose the more expensive flight.
  我不知道為什麼我們會選擇比較貴的班機。
   
Lee's not so sure why the doctor wants to examine her again.
  李不知道為什麼醫生要再幫她檢查一次。
   
  ★你知道嗎?.........................
 

如果想委婉提出對某事的疑慮時,你還可以這麼說:
•It's not clear why only the director saw these bank accounts.
不清楚為什麼只有這名主管看過這些銀行帳號。
•It's not easy to see why this layout is different from the original one.
不容易明白為什麼這個版型與原本的不一樣。

   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

call 在此指「命令」。當事情不論如何發展對你都沒有影響的時候,就可以說 your call,將決定權交給對方。

   
A: Should we go on Saturday or Sunday?
  我們要星期六還是星期日去?
   
B: It's your call. I'm fine with both.
  你決定。我這兩天都行。
   
A: Should we go ahead with the Waltman project?
  我們應該動手做沃特曼專案了嗎?
   
B: It's your call. You're the one who knows the details.
  你決定。你才了解細節。
   
  ★你還可以這麼說!......................
Your choice.
  你決定。
   
What do you feel like?
  你想怎麼做?
   
Whatever you feel like.
  你想怎樣就怎樣。
   
It's all the same to me.
  對我來說都一樣。
   
It's up to you.
  你說了算。
   
A: So are we going to get pizza or just cook?
  我們要訂披薩還是煮飯?
   
B: It's up to you. What do you feel like doing?
  你說了算。你想怎麼做?
   
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
  ★大師開講..........................
  -er 為名詞字尾,表示執行或從事某種活動的人事物、職業、某國人民或某地方的人。此外,-er 也可用來構成形容詞或副詞的比較級。在有些帶有「貿易」意思的名詞之後會拼成 -ier,如:clothier(布商),在 w 之後則拼成 -yer。
   
  ★必學應用字彙........................
   
  adviser n. 建議者;指導者(亦可拼作 advisor)
The president must trust his advisers.
 
總統一定要相信他的顧問。
   
  fertilizer  n. 肥料
If you give a plant enough fertilizer and water, then it will usually sprout up quickly.
 
如果你給植物足夠的肥料和水分,通常很快就會發芽。
   
  lawyer  n. 律師
Tom is now a teacher, but he used to work as a lawyer.
  湯姆目前是老師,但他以前是律師。
   
  manager  n. 經理人;管理者
The new manager modernized the company.
  新的經理讓公司走向現代化。